Personal Information We May Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information from you when you interact with the Services:
- Account data, such as your first and last name, email addresses, phone number, profile picture, preferred language, user name, and other information you may choose to include in your profile/bio.
- Your contacts’ phone numbers (if you choose to authorize this). To help users connect with people they know, we offer them the option to invite friends to join them on Oneflix. To take advantage of this feature, users can opt in to share phone numbers from their address book.
- Names of friends you choose to invite to join you on the App.
- Interests, usage, and connections, including information about your interests and how you use the App, such as the types of movies and shows or content you like to engage with or watch.
- Comments, posts, and conversations that you exchange with users when you interact with them on the Service.
- Information provided by social media companies, if you interact with our pages on their services or connect your social media accounts. Connecting your social media accounts allows the Service to authenticate your identity and access limited information about those accounts, including the number of connections you have. The information that social networking accounts provide to Oneflix may depend on the privacy settings you have with each company, so please consult their privacy and data practices.
- Device data, such as device IP address (and derived location), device name and operating system, browser type and settings, telecommunications provider, operating system, the date and time of Service use, interactions with the Service, and the time, frequency, and duration of the interactions.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information to provide our services, including to:
- Invite you to our App;
- Operate the App and our business;
- Maintain, improve, and develop the App and the App’s features;
- Create and maintain your account;
- Facilitate network connections;
- Recommend users to follow that might be of interest to you;
- Notify you when one of your contacts has joined the App;
- Communicate with you about the App by sending you push notifications with announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, if you have enabled that functionality; and
- Provide support for the App, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you updates and special offers. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are in the EU, we will only send you such emails if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal information. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Services, management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
Research and development. We may create and use de-identified information for our business purposes, including to analyze the effectiveness of our App, to improve and add features to our App, and to analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our App.
Support and Maintenance. We use third party analytics services to automatically log certain information about your mobile device and how you interact with the App. The information collected is used to troubleshoot and prevent errors, perform data analysis, and develop new features.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to:
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Enforce the Terms of Service that govern the App;
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
How We Share Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. However, in the ordinary course of business, we may share personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the App or our business (such as hosting, analytics, customer support, email and SMS delivery).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary to: (a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the App; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Oneflix or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How You Share Information on Oneflix
Public. When you establish an account on Oneflix, you share certain of your profile information with the Oneflix community on our App and on the web. This information includes your profile picture, bio, name, username, the handles of social media accounts you connect to Oneflix, the list of users you follow and those that follow you, the date you joined Oneflix, the content you recommend to your followers, and the comments on you make on posts or content.
Oneflix users. Oneflix users with whom you have some affiliation on the App or other social media accounts may receive notifications about actions you take on the platform, such as recommending content, commenting on content, or replying to user’s comments.
Instagram, Twitter and other social media companies.
If you connect your social media accounts (e.g., Instagram or Twitter) with Oneflix, Oneflix will also inform those companies that you have authorized its access to your profile information and connections associated with your accounts with those companies. You may choose to share content on other social media platforms. Such sharing will be carried out for your own purposes and not Oneflix’s, and such content or posts will be subject to the social media platform’s policies.
Disconnect social media accounts. When you connect your social media accounts to Oneflix, we notify those platforms. You may disconnect your social media accounts directly on the App at any time.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the communications we send you.
Opt out of push notifications. If you opt-in to receive push notifications within the App, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device from time to time. You can deactivate push notifications and alerts at any time by changing your device settings, changing the push notification settings within the app, or deleting the App.
Other Sites and Apps
The App may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Processing of Personal Information in the United States
You use the App at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to us via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App, or third party websites. Finally, we cannot control the actions of users on the platform, who may seek to use third party apps or devices to record, store, or share content or communication without other users’ prior consent. Please keep this in mind when using the App.
The App is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the App from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a support request here.
Notice to California Residents
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to Consumers in California, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
We do not sell personal information.
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights:
- The sources through which we collect California residents’ personal information and the types of personal information collected in the “Personal Information We May Collect” section above.
- The purposes for which we use and share this information in the “How We Use Personal Information” section above and the “How We Share Personal Information” section above.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
The CCPA limits these rights. For example, companies may not provide users in response to access requests certain sensitive information and other consumers’ personal information, and may exclude information that would compromise the confidentiality of trade secrets. The CCPA also places limits on when companies must comply with a deletion request.
In accordance with the CCPA, Oneflix will not provide the following information in response to access requests for the reasons described:
- Account data such as account passwords and identity verification codes, unmasked phone numbers, or email addresses, because of the sensitive nature of this information.
- Other users’ and employees’ personal information, including the names and account information of individuals who may have invited you to the App, other users’ feedback, and employees’ comments because it is information that belongs to another natural person and disclosing it may impact their rights.
- Internal proprietary attributes that enable us to provide various aspects of our App, including channel and room customization, suspension decisions, and content suggestions, because it is protected by federal and state trade secret law.
- Server logs that are older than 30 days because we use these to ensure the security and integrity of our App.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Here is how you can submit requests:
- To request access to or deletion of personal information collected, please email us at email@example.com or submit a request here.
- To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to provide us with your phone number so we can send you a verification code, or with other details that we may need to verify your identity.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with the CCPA.
Notice to European and Brazilian Data Subjects
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to European data subjects, pursuant to European data protection laws (“GDPR”) and Brazilian data subjects, pursuant to Brazilian data protection laws (“LGPD”).
Controller and Representative. Oneflix is responsible for how your personal data is handled. This means we are the controller of your personal data under the GDPR. You can find our contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
Personal Data We Collect From You and How We Use It. You can read about the personal data we collect from you in the “Personal Information We May Collect” section above, and how we use it in the “How We Use Personal Information” section above.
Justification for Data Processing. European and Brazilian data protection law sets out a list of justifications on which companies may rely to process personal data, and requires companies to explain to consumers the specific justifications for the company’s data processing activities. Oneflix generally relies on one of the following justifications to process personal data:
- Contractual Necessity, to provide you with the App in accordance with our Terms of Service
- Legitimate Interests, where it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, your interest or the interests of a third party.
Provision of some of this data is necessary to establish an account on Oneflix.
Justification for Data Processing
|Type of Personal Data||Purpose||Justification for Processing Personal Data|
|Account Data||To create and maintain your account||Contractual Necessity|
|Account Data||To respond to your inquiries||Contractual Necessity
Providing you with the support that you request, and improving our App and related services
|Account Data||To enable you to share your profile with other users, and recommend you to others as a person to follow||Legitimate Interests:
Helping you connect with other App users
|Account Data||In relation to suspended users, to maintain a record of the suspension||Legitimate Interests:
Addressing violations of our Terms of Service
|Phone numbers of contacts||To enable you to invite your contacts to join the App and for those contacts to receive invitations
Showing you which of your contacts joins or is already on the App
Enabling App users to find and connect with people they know
Enhancing user experience
|Users’ call logs||To verify your phone number||Consent:
Users consent via device settings to authorize access
|Your interests, usage and connections||To improve your experience when using the App if you choose to select your interests, including recommending rooms, users to follow, and clubs that might be of interest to you||Legitimate Interests:
Personalizing your user experience by providing recommendations for content and people to follow
|Name and phone number for users you invite||To improve your experience when using the App if you choose to send invitations to your contacts||Legitimate Interests:
Personalizing your user experience, and enhancing it
|Messages you send to and receive from other App users||To enable you to easily communicate with other users while on the App||Legitimate Interests:
Helping you connect with other App users
|Communications data||To address users’ inquiries
For Trust and Safety purposes, in relation to information (such as feedback) App users may provide about their interactions with you
To improve the App, in relation to information (such as feedback) about your experience with the App
Providing user support
Enabling us to prevent and detect harmful or unauthorized conduct
Improving and developing the App and developing new features and services. For example, we may decide to build a new feature in response to feedback received from users
|Social media data||To allow the App to authenticate your identity||Legitimate Interests:
Enhancing user experience
Recipients of Data. We may disclose your personal data to the recipients described in the “How We Share Personal Information” section above.
Retention of Data. We keep your personal data for as long as you have a Oneflix account. To protect the safety and security of our users, your personal data will be retained for a reasonable period of time following account deletion.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Storage. We are based in the United States and rely on cloud storage providers that store user data on our behalf in the United States. The United States may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in Europe. We have taken measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data, and your rights as a data subject.
Your Rights. The GDPR and the LGPD grant European and Brazilian data subjects the following rights:
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal data that we maintain about you. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Deletion and Correction. You can ask us to delete or correct the personal data that we hold about you.
- Objection. You may have the right to object to how we use your personal data.
- Restrict Processing. You may ask us to suspend our processing of your personal data, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Data Portability. If required to do so, we will give you your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
To exercise these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority in your country about our processing of your personal data.